It can be easy to give up on positivity, the Law of Attraction, etc. Well, not really easy, actually harder. Like when you lose weight and thought you were taking the easy way out by remaining overweight, then realize it was actually harder to be overweight than to take the weight off and live more light-weight.
But when a few days of positivity and affirmations seem to be doing nothing — maybe tempting is a better word. It can definitely be tempting to give up. I would say I have been a yo-yo positive affirmations person like one might refer to themselves as a yo-yo dieter. I have tended to just give up on it all when things seem hard and not going my way.
As much as I completely believe that it works, and know that somtimes even when I’m doing positive affirmations I might still be attracting some residual negativity from the not-so-positive moments of my recent past, I still tend to bounce back to giving up.
Handwriting and Affirmations
Last night before bed I got the idea to Google Louise Hay affirmations. I have been running through a few personal favorite affirmations in my mind over the past few days, and thought I would see what the affirmations guru might have to add. I came across this post, and decided to take a few minutes to handwrite out my favorites from the list.
I recently re-discovered how therapeutic handwriting is for me. As much as I have vowed to be paperless and don’t like to create paper to deal with unnecessarily, I had a recent handwriting personal project and realized how handwriting is like knitting for me. It is almost mindless yet so therapeutic. I have also heard and read many things about the power of handwriting things out, and I thought about how Wayne Dyer created an amazing career based on handwriting his books with a purple pen. It worked for him, so maybe it can work for me. Or at least be fun.
So I wrote out my favorites, and adapted a few slightly to wording that I liked better, but these are for the most part in Louise Hay’s words. I then went through and tried to pick my top 10 favorites, but ended up going with these 12:
- I now go beyond other people’s fears and limitations.
- I prosper wherever I turn.
- I welcome miracles into my life.
- Everyone I encounter today has my best interests at heart.
- I am always treated well.
- I do not have to prove myself to anyone.
- I have the courage to live my dreams.
- I only speak positively about those in my world.
- I feel and act as if I already have everything in my life the way I want it.
- My life gets more fabulous every day.
- I have the perfect living space of my dreams.
- I love and approve of myself.
Here are a few more affirmations I wrote and have been running through my mind over the past few days:
- Things are being taken care of for us with effortless ease.
- Things are working out for us with effortless ease.
Hope you enjoyed the list! Do you have a favorite affirmation that helps you feel more positive?