I love peanut butter. Don’t you? If so, you probably also love peanut butter cookies, but their excessive empty calories? Not so much. I was introduced to this fabulous healthy peanut butter cookie recipe by a friend. I slightly modified the original 2 ingredient recipe by adding a sweetener. Still, a cookie recipe with only three ingredients? Certainly worth a try!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 scoops pure stevia extract powder, or other sweetener of your choice (I use Kal Pure Stevia Extract Powder — 3.5 Oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together egg, peanut butter, and stevia (I mixed with a fork until the ingredients blended completely).
- Roll dough into cookie dough balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down with a fork in criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Of course these are not exactly the same as their unhealthy counterparts, but they definitely satisfy the cookie craving without the sugary, carby compromises! I like to think of the texture as cookie-like on the outside, peanut butter fudge-like on the inside. Don’t believe me? Go ahead and make a batch and see for yourself! I bet you have at least an egg and some peanut butter in your kitchen right now, or will after your next trip to the grocery store.
Having a batch of these healthy cookies in the house almost guarantees that I won’t eat something sugary for no good reason. Just yesterday, they kept me more than once from reaching for the chocolate. That is a miracle food to me! Let us know below if you give them a try!